PixelPaxil

Don't let the elevator. get. you. down.

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Kurt Halsey Update

So, I wrote to Kurt Halsey after I posted my initial blog to see if it would be ok for me to post a few photos of his art work on my blog. He was very kind and replied that, yes, that would be fine. So, every now and then, I'm going to post a picture of a Kurt Halsey painting...because they make me happy.

This first post, however, isn't quite the same. Yesterday, I went to the Long Beach Tattoo Convention. It's hosted on the Queen Mary, a retired Cruise Liner with a long and celebrated history (it's haunted!). The show was AWESOME. If you've never been to a tattoo or body art show...I highly recommend it. You get a chance to see some really really beautiful work and you also get to see some very committed people (for instance, the legendary 3-Stooges guy who only has Stooges tattoos. he has "knyuck knyuck" on his EYE LIDS, "Larry, Moe and Curly" on his lips AND TONGUE, and a portrait of Curly that covers his entire back...)

Well, I just happened to see THIS:



She and her boyfriend were patient enough to share my excitement and allow a photos. She then went on to tell me that she'd sent photos of her tattoo to Kurt, who had then asked if he could draw HER.

HOW COOL IS THAT?

I say it's extra cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home