PixelPaxil

Don't let the elevator. get. you. down.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Such a Good Idea

I hate Ribbon Magnets.

Actually, what I really hate are US Flag bumper-stickers that say "These colors don't run!"

Why do I hate them? Because they are invariably so sun-bleached and faded that their message of Patriotism is rendered pale and flaccid. I say that having a faded-flag sticker is akin to slowly torching a flag - and should therefore be punished similarly (if the proposed bill passes).

By all means, be patriotic! Just don't make an ass out of your car in your patriotic efforts. Don't leave yourself and your sentiments open to nature's ironic commentaries.

And as for the Ribbon Magnets...*sigh* They're all well meant, I know, but a magnet is worse than a faded sticker because you can take a magnet right off, thus nullifying the statement-of-commitment that applying an adhesive to your bumper entails.

Sure, Support the Troops. This week. Next week? Maybe not.

Anyway, whenever I see a peppy ribbon, I immediately think of something snarky that would be a lot funnier.

And now, my traffic-induced rage can be realized in glorious magnetic vinyl.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:59 PM, Blogger sparrow said…

    You don't have permalink or a trackback option and because I am a "good girl" ahem, I won't cut and paste and link back to your blog. You HAVE however, been blogrolled... and I'm sending some of my fascists over here!

     
  • At 6:04 PM, Blogger sparrow said…

    *embarassed... blushing* - never mind. Got it.

     
  • At 9:16 PM, Blogger Noah said…

    I'm still in the "figuring this thing out" stage of my blogging. So, apparently, next up is learning what a permalink/trackback is.

    Welcome Fascists!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home